Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Decision to Get Bigger Breasts


I'm not here to argue the pro's and con's of augmentation, nor to defend my choice to get it done.
Everyone either for or against it is entitled to have their opinions on the matter but this isn't a place to share that opinion.

My decision to get bigger breasts stems from personal reasons that a lot of women will understand if not already feel themselves.

Ever since I was past puberty and realized that I was going to be the size I had grown into, I knew I wasn't thrilled with what I was given.

I'm a 30yr old Caucasian, 5'6", 120lbs and a 36a. I do not have children (so I have no issues from breast feeding/pregnancy) and I have made the choice to never have kids (so that won't be an issue in the future).

In addition, I am also athletic and fairly muscular. I am not a curvy women in the slightest. I do not have hips to speak of, my posterior is muscular but, again, small, and I have fairly broad shoulders.

So my one overtly feminine feature are my breasts. And even though my breasts are very well shaped and perky, they are just small! And considering my body type and shape, they just look rather out of place.

After years and years of dealing with:

- never being able to fill out a bathing suit without a padded swim style bra absorbing half the pool
- never being able to fill out any shirts or tank tops without the assistance of our friends at Victoria's Secret
- not being able to wear certain styles because they simply do not look good on small chested women
- every time I buy a dress, having to get pads sewn in to fill out the bust of the dress
- looking in the mirror and not caring for seeing small breasts....

Well, I made the executive decision that it was time for a change.

Please understand that this is what I see and deal with. ME. It 110% has nothing to do with what anyone else wants or wants to see. Not to sound self centered, but it is about me and my happiness with my body and what I see.

When I addressed my decision to get a BA with my fiancé, he was surprised at first. He listened to my reasons and and told me that he finds me perfect as I am. BUT, he continued with saying that he can see my points and he will be supportive of my decision and will be there to help me all the way.

His concerns stemmed more from doing our research prior to a consultation, finding the best surgeon we can, not going too big (having them look freakishly large on my small frame), and me having a healthy recovery. And I agreed with him full heartedly.

I would NEVER dramatically alter my body for anyone. Those who know me well will attest to the fact that I really don't care what others think about me. I am very much my own person and if you like me, great! If not, you are free to not like me and to keep right on moving.

So the decision to change my body is because it's what I want. Period.

Please understand that I am NOT judging the people who change for someone else. It's just not my thing.

After talking to the fiancé and deciding to move forward, it was time to find a surgeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment