Friday, July 20, 2012

Q&A: When Is The Best Time of Year to Do Your BA?

I had a question emailed to me asking me if I had the choice of the time of year to do have a BA, when do I think is the best time of year.

Well, it depends on where you live.

If you live in a place that has all four distinct seasons (spring, summer, fall, winter) I think the best choice would be a time of year that you can wear looser clothing and things that help to cover you up a little more.

So, depending on your climate, that will vary.

I live in Chicago, IL. We usually have distinct four seasons. Due to upcoming activities for my career, I had to get my surgery now to be healed before I have more physical demands at work. So I really didn't have much choice... I had to do it by the end of June.

But, that being said... I would have liked to have done my surgery in October/November. The reasons being:

- Being hot and uncomfortable sucks.

- Hot = sweaty and sweaty in the summer when you can't shower for a few days after surgery AND if you have your incisions in your armpits you can't wear deodorant for about a week = ew.

- It was hard to find comfy yet normal looking clothing to wear right after surgery and in public for those first few days to a week.

- Cooler weather would have allowed me a better variety of looser long sleeved t-shirts and/or hoodies.

- Summer surgeries limited summer fun. If you want to do specific things at a specific time of year, be sure to plan accordingly. It really depends on what seasons you are most active.

I hope this helps! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment