Thursday, July 19, 2012

3 Week Update and Photos 07/16/2012



I've made it 3 weeks past surgery and things keep getting better. :)

My breasts are really starting to feel like my own now. I'm not so consciously aware that they are there and that they are not made from my own body. Plus they continue to soften and become more natural shaped each week. They are slowly losing that angular look and getting natural rounded edges.

I've been wearing the breast strap on them for the last week and I think it's helping.

That plus now that they aren't so firm, it's easier to massage them and the scar tissue around my incisions.

I can comfortably sleep on my sides but sleeping on my stomach does not feel great yet. I don't like the feeling of them under me yet. It's not painful.... It's just uncomfortable.

The doctor gave me the go-ahead to start aerobic exercise again. I plan on starting to jog again tonight and see how that feels and go from there. I'm a pretty active person (yoga, running, lifting weights, swimming, walking, etc) so it'll feel good to get back into a normal routine.

My PS said to just do what feels good and if it hurts, ease back or stop. Which makes perfect sense.

Below are my picture updates. The left column are my 1 week pics and to the right are my 3 week pics. Beneath that are current pictures of my incision scars.  They too are SO much better and each week are getting less and less noticeable.  

The changes are subtle but they are there. And it's a realistic portrayal of the fact that it does take time to heal up.  

Remember...  healing and achieving result from your BA is not an overnight thing so be patient. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment