Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My First Night Post-Op



********************
Written at 7am on 06/27/2012, 16 hours after my surgery
********************

I slept on and off from 11pm till 7am. It wasn't the best sleep I ever had but it was sufficient.

My wonderful fiancé helped me stay up on icing my breasts and keeping up on all my meds. He was a godsend.

I had no issue peeing through the night either, but I'm not surprised that I haven't produced a #2 yet.

I noticed bleeding from around my pain pump tubes which I'll address with the doctor today.

I'm still not in pain; just the constant pressure and tightness is always present. And there is still the feeling of little pinches from under my armpits.

Moving around is an interesting feeling too. I slept on my back propped up at a 45 degree angle. And my whole body feels sore. I have decently strong core muscles so standing up isn't an issue, but it feels very weird once I'm standing.

My chest feels heavy and standing makes the weight feel more shifted to the front (as opposed to the weight feeling more spread out when I'm reclined). And my shoulders feel like they want to stay in the shrugged position (they are very tight and it's hard to force them to relax).

My back is also tight and feels tweaked from sleeping in such a weird position for me. I'm a side and stomach sleeper so this is all just new and uncomfortable for me.

I'm worried that the combo of the muscle relaxer, pain killer and antibiotic plus the walk to the car, the drive to the doctors office, and the drive home will make me nauseous or worse. So I am planning to take an anti-nausea pill about 8:45am (25 min after the rest of my pills).

Here's hoping it'll help.

Well, it's time to start getting ready to leave the hotel. I'll update the post-op doctor's appointment later today.



No comments:

Post a Comment