Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day Two/Second Night After Surgery

********************
Written at 10pm on 06/27/2012, 31 hours after my surgery
********************

The car ride home was incredibly uncomfortable but I was very happy to get home.

I got all set up on the couch propped up, took my next round of meds and dozed on and off all afternoon. I've been able to pee without any issues, but still no BM. I think if I was able to poo I would feel better. :(

I've also been icing my breasts often and I think it's helping. But the weight of the ice can sometimes be uncomfortable. And I've been keeping up on using the breathing toy to keep taking deep breathes.

I've noticed my breasts and body is feeling slightly itchy too. But I can't always reach the right spot. :( So my fiancé gave me a chopstick for scratching stuff. LOL

The doctor prescribed me a medication to help me sleep tonight and for the next few nights. I hope that will help.

Other than that, it was a decent first full day and second night I think. Even though I am currently just not feeling "right". I'm hoping that the next few will be even better.

It's the better part of 90 degrees out still with a high of 100-110 with the heat index tomorrow. So unless it cools off some, I'm going to hold off on that walk. Those temps and no shower or deodorant = gross.

Here's hoping for a good night's rest.

More tomorrow. :)

Update: It's 4:23am and I'm due fur my next pain pill at 4:30. I think my body is pretty in tune with what I need and when.

From around 12a until now, I've slept soundly and when I awoke, I peed and it wasn't too bad moving. Comparably speaking that is.

More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment