Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Post Op Appointment 06/27/2012 @ 10am



********************
Written at 4pm on 06/27/2012, 25 hours after my surgery
********************

First of all, after a pretty decent first night, I was very sore when I got up this morning. My whole body was tense, tender, and achy from head to toe.

Part of the tenderness was from trying to stay propped up all night. Some was from trying to hold still and not jostle myself around. And of course, some of it was from the overall trauma on the body caused by surgery and my body trying to start healing.

My fiancé helped me again this morning get cleaned up (I cannot shower yet) and dressed (I still cannot move about freely without mass discomfort).

I was a little grouchy to him though and I feel bad about this fact. I think it's a combo of not sleeping soundly, the pain meds, and being so uncomfortable.

I can say this as a 100% truth... Words cannot describe how glad I am that I have a pain pump and stayed close to my doctor's office.

I still will not call what I feel constantly as "pain". It is still just a tightness and overall soreness with a little pinching under the arm put near my incisions.

But, again, I have a pain pump and I am taking my pain meds, antibiotics, and muscle relaxers around the clock as prescribed by my doctor. I also follow each pill time with a few whole wheat saltines and have not felt nauseous. I am not really hungry though.

I am also continually drinking fluids (Gatorade, water, Crystal Light, ginger ale) and today I resumed my Once a Day Vitamins plus Immunity Support Gummies (my body seems to tolerate these better than other OTC vitamins) and 2x a day Ester-C 1000mg Vitamin C pills.

I cannot say if the two vitamins are helping more at this point yet but my doctor did suggest taking them prior to and after surgery. And he has been right so far.

After he got my cleaned up and dressed, we checked out of the hotel and got in the car. The walk actually felt decent after I got stretched out some.

The car ride was a different story. I felt every bump, dip, acceleration, brake, sway, curve, slight elevation change, etc. And my fiancé was so careful driving. He couldn't have been any more cautious.

We got to the doctor's office and I was immediately brought into an examination room. The nurse asked me a few questions and after I gave her the good news on my "pain" level and how I was feeling she told me I was about to feel better.

She had me remove my hoodie and she started to remove the bandages. It was instant pressure relief; like the pressure was reduced by 80%. It wasn't painful, but the weight of the breasts unbound was a weird feeling.

After it was all removed I got my first glimpse of them in the mirror. They did not look as bad as what I was expecting.

From reading other people's stories and the "warnings" from people's experiences and doctor's info, I was expecting the worse. But it wasn't too bad.

They were swollen and looked bigger than what I wanted, but I was expecting that already. The implants were not sitting too high though and they already have a good shape. My nipples were not pointing down or tweaked in any way. The nurse was pleased and so was my fiancé.

She gave me the breast band in case the implants start to ride too high with instructions to call the office before I put in on. She said that I don't need it now but just in case, the doctor wanted me to take it.

The nurse also said that the doctor approved me walking for short, 30 min walks starting today if I feel like it and if I feel like it will help.

The doctor had an emergency that he needed to address so I was unable to see him today. I wasn't thrilled with that but what can ya do? I have faith in his staff and I can always call if I need something.

The nurse said to pull the pain pump out Friday and once it's out, I can shower. She said to be gentle because of the sutures under my armpits and the tape covering them. I guess they'll take up to month to dissolve. But on a positive note, I can wear deodorant starting on Monday or Tuesday.

I asked the nurse how long the incision is but she said she didn't know. And it's too sore to lift my arms to look. That and the tape is covering them.

I made my next appointment with the doctor for July 9th (12 days from now).

Man, I am worried about pulling the pain pump tubes out on Friday....

No comments:

Post a Comment