Wednesday, July 4, 2012

BA Consultation 06/14/2012


Now that I was pretty confident, it was time to make that call.

I spoke with a very sweet patient coordinator who set up my consultation date. I was disappointed that I had to wait a few weeks but it is summer and this doctor is HIGHLY sought after. He is very big and very well known in Chicago and it was worth the wait to get in to see him.

Don't be surprised to have to wait to see a doctor for your consultation. So if you NEED to have your surgery by a certain date, plan WAY ahead of time. After your consultation, your pre-op has to be scheduled and your surgery won't occur until two weeks after the pre-op. So plan ahead!!

Also, don't be surprised if the office requires a credit card number to hold your appointment. Good doctors are busy and you pulling a no-show wastes their precious time and also screws another person wanting a consultation that could've had your appointment.

The patient coordinator told me I'd need to fill out a few forms when I arrive and that she'd take care of the rest.

Several weeks later my fiancé and I were sitting in a comfortable, well decorated consultation suite, forms filled out, talking to the patient coordinator.

She was just as wonderful in person and I was instantly at ease. She asked my fiancé to step out of the room and showed me the doctors work yet again. They looked and felt amazing, just like the dancers I had seen before.

We had my fiancé come back in and the patient coordinator asked me what size I'd like to be after my surgery. I told her I want to be a full C cup, no bigger. I do not want to be a full C almost D or a full C/small D. She said ok, gave me a comfy robe to change into and she stepped out while I changed.

When she returned, she had the ugliest grandma bra and several silicon implants for me to look at and "tryout".

After I got the bra on, without telling me a CC or size, she put one in on one side and a larger one in on the other. She asked me which one "felt good" and which one I liked.

I was kind of going back and forth on it do she took the smaller one put and put in one that was bigger than the other I still was wearing. Instantly I knew the new one was too big. So I felt immediately comfortable and happy with the size that was right in the middle.

It turned out to be 330ccs.

My fiancé gave me the thumbs up on my choice and I felt confident I made the right size decision. She reassured me that we will go over sizes again at another point and I can still change my mind.
She took us into another room where they had a 3D body scanner that would take a 3D image of my torso and chest. She said after I talk to the doctor, we would come back in and he will show me using my body scan image what larger breasts will look like on my body. I was SO excited to see this image.

We returned to the consultation room and the patient coordinator sat with us chatting until the doctor came in.

The doctor arrived shortly after and I instantly liked him. He was warm, personable, friendly, funny, and charming. He took his time and answered all of my and my fiancé's many questions.

Most of all, even though I know he is extremely well respected, highly recommended, and a rockstar in his field, he was very humble and down to earth. He gave me info about him, his practice, the procedure, all of the pro's and con's, associated risks (both minor to worst case) and how he handles/fixes all of the risks, etc.

Even though I told him that I physically researched his work, he still offered portfolios of his work to view if I wanted too.

After answering all of my many questions, we went back to the computer 3D room were he digitally enhanced my 3D image. He did explain that it is just a visual tool but it will at least give me an idea.

It was AMAZING. And I knew it was what I wanted.

We returned yet again to the consultation room. The doctor sat back down to answer any other follow up questions.

We decided at this point we would be doing silicon implants under the muscle through an incision through my armpits. That way my scarring will not show on my chest and even though he is confident the scar will fade to where it's almost completely gone, it will still be better hidden.

He took his time with me and by the end, I told him I was ready to sign up!!

Side note: Some people prefer to go to several consultations. That is your choice and right. After all of my legwork, research, and after the feelings I got with him and his staff, I knew I did not need it. If you feel unsure, go to another doctor for a second or third consultation. You NEED to not only like the doctor's work, but also feel comfortable with your doctor and the staff.

Anyway....

The doctor left and the patient coordinator returned with loads of info for me. She handed me a folder with pamphlets, info for financing if you need it, and gave me the rough draft of cost for the procedure. I will not give a breakdown of my costs or my total, but I will tell you this.... Plan on spending $9,000 and be happy if it is less.

Sound like a lot? It is.

But here's the thing: you do NOT want to "Groupon" or "buy 1 get 1 free" something as serious as a BA.

You really do pay for what you get and after looking up surgeons of girls who's BAs were not so great, I was not surprised that the price of their surgery was far less....

For my doctor, he does his surgery out of a world-wide recognized, specialized, fully accredited surgical center in Chicago and there are outside costs associated with being in a state of the art, specialized surgical center.

So your costs might have practice fees and outside fees.

My practice fees include: the BA itself and the breast implants.

My outside fees include: endoscope, the operating room, anesthesia, surgical supplies, and the pain pump (which I'll explain more about later).

I was ready to pay right then in full and secured my pre-op appointment and my surgery date.

Side note: Most surgeons will require a portion down to hold your surgery date and/or set up the pre-op. But mostly likely you have to pay the balance by the pre-op date (or 2 weeks prior).

4 days after my consultation, I was returning for my pre-op appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment